Module BGO-22: Mental Health Crisis & Spiritual Emergency
Understanding mental health crisis from a holistic, spiritual perspective
Understanding the relationship between physical symptoms and mental & emotional well-being
- Better understand mental health phenomena.
- Discriminate between a mental health crisis such as a psychotic episode, and a spiritual experience.
- Understand serious mental health issues – psychosis, particularly schizophrenia, bi-polar disorder, phobias, eating disorders, addiction, and personality disorders.
- Learn more about the impact of trauma, and managing trauma.
- Responding to those at risk of suicide.
- Compassionate approaches in mental health care.
- Understand relationship between physical symptoms and emotional/mental well-being.
- Know when someone would benefit from further support or intervention.
- Explore how to recognise, understand and contextualise phenomena related to spiritual emergency.
- Ethical considerations.
- Strategies for self-care.
Online group-work explores:
- Steiner’s 6 Basic Exercises – applying them in different circumstances.
- Effect of doing one of these exercises for a month.
- Considering the question of addictions, in the broadest sense.
- Building resilience – physically, emotionally and mentally.
- Developing a Mental Health Tool-kit