Module BGO-12: Mental Health Challenges
Recognise common mental health issues.
Learn strategies to manage mild to moderate symptoms of depression, anxiety and stress.
- Look at mental health issues and challenges through various lenses –
- lived experience
- psychological understanding and strategies
- clinical definitions
- psychiatric considerations
- Anthroposophic Medicine
- Learn to recognise common mental health issues – especially symptoms of depression, anxiety and stress.
- Learn strategies to assist with mild to moderate symptoms of depression, anxiety and stress.
- Looking at the 4-foldness of the human being in relation to organs:
- Depression, Liver, and Etheric Body
- Anxiety, Kidney, and Astral Body
- Obsessive-compulsive tendencies, Lung, and Physical Body
- Rage, guilt & mania, Heart & Gall bladder, and ‘I Body
- How to balance dynamic inner and outer forces for emotional and mental well-being – strengthening the ‘I’ function – supporting salutogenesis.
Online group-work explores:
- Individual knowledge and experience of common mental health issues.
- Helpful strategies to manage mental health challenges.
- Steiner’s lecture – Overcoming Nervousness – and practice of exercises suggested.