Module BGO-40: Meeting Conflict
Learning to read and transform conflict patterns
Understanding conflict escalation and de-escalation
This is a Core Module. The prerequisite is the Destiny Learning module. The 7-step learning and transformation process is reintroduced, deepened and applied.
- Explore the potential for self-development in challenging encounters with others.
- Explore individual patterns and personal styles of action and reaction in conflict situations.
- Understand constructive and destructive forces influencing conflict situations.
- Understand the escalation of conflict.
Online group-work explores:
- Specific incidents related to challenging encounters.
- Unravelling a Gesture (Pattern) by identifying 5 elements – Outer Trigger; Inner Reaction; Unfolding Response; Setting; the Mismatch or Disproportional element.
- Using Feeling and Incident bridges to find similar incidents.
- Working with possible scenarios to understand possible contexts for the Gesture.
- Naming the qualities or forces which are at work in the situation.
- Finding the learning task in these kinds of situations.
- Identifying warning signs pre-conflict escalation.
- Identifying possible steps for change.